Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Random Thoughts

Well we are back safe from the DR. It was an amazing time their and I am so blessed to have had the opportunity to go. God is good and I will never forget the faces of those precious children. It really puts lots into perspective when you go to a place like that you know. Anyways I put lots of pics up on FB and my site (beyondbordersphotography.blogspot.com) so check them out! I don't have much time to blog but I wanted to just put down a few random thoughts I have been having. God is so good with me. He knows I need one word at a time. For example my word for the first part of this year was simplicity. I knew that is what God told me to work on ( not that I work on only one thing at a time but you know what I mean). Sort of a conviction motto if you will... but I have been working on simlicity for a while... and have done really poorly at it... but God felt the need to give me a new word yesterday and it is "purpose". When God speaks to me so directly I try my hardest to discern what He wants from me. I have been so so busy lately that I haven't really had time to even think about what I am doing, but I have been convicted of that and of how much I have forsaken my purpose. What is my purpose? The fame and glory of God. If I am not doing everything for that... pointless. If my relationships are not doing that...a change must happen. I have quickly shifted to worrying about my satisfaction over my purpose.... which is wrong. But praise God he doesn't leave u where we are. So I am excited to be on this journey with God as he works the meaning of purpose deeper into my life. I have made it my point in my time in the Word to seek out truth. Proverbs 23 says buy truth and don't sell it. What is truth? It is the person and entity of Jesus Christ. So how can I know truth? Know Jesus. Everything about Him is truth. In a world that is full of everything but truth, I need to be saturated in truth, my Jesus. So like the title implies this is a bunch of random thoughts compiled into one blog. Thanks for all your prayers and support for our DR team... it was felt tremendously. Glad to be home. Remembering purpose. Seeking Truth. Buenos Noche.

No comments: