Monday, April 27, 2009

Well it is here

My last day of class in college. I have 3 finals next week then I am done. Where in the world did the time go. Not to be cliche or anything but it really does feel like it was just yesterday that I sat down in my first college class...9 am English 101 at the University of Alabama. What a crazy 4 years it has been. I would have never predicted on that day in August 2005 that I would be where I am, doing what I am doing today. Just goes to show that we can make plans but it is the Lord who directs our steps. I couldn't have asked for more out of my college years. Did I waste time? sure I did. Did I waste money? absolutely. Did I do things that most likely did not bring glory to God? unfortunately. Did I share with me peers the best thing that has ever happened to me... being reconciled by a man named Jesus so now I have no more guilt? Positively. Do I know more about myself and about God than four years ago? Totally.

So all in all I would say that it has been a crazy wild ride, but the Lord taught me things I could have never imagened. He used me in ways I still can't fathom and He was more faithful than words can express.

So here's to college. I will most definitely miss it, but I must say I am glad I never have to write another paper again (after Wednesday :))!

4 comments:

Peyton said...

congratulations rach. i am so jealous. i love you.

Ann Marie said...

Hooray!

Amanda Leigh said...

what day is your gradumentation?

Jaci Spain said...

Congratulations Rachel! That is awesome.

We got your announcement in the mail and the girls were taking turns carrying it around:) They keep saying "can I hold Rachel now?!" Kids are funny:)