Saturday, November 1, 2008

Simply Worship

two words...

But I.

Listening to Louie Giglio's talk "Simply Worship".

How often do I forget that it is only by the blood of Jesus Christ can I approach the throne of God. How often do I enter Sundays or Wednesdays or whatever day we may corporately gather to worship together and stand there so complacent and sing and occasionally raise my hands in praise. I am so convicted of this.

God loves me more than I love myself. His love is higher and deeper than I can ever imagine. He is enthroned on high and His robe fills the temple and seraphim circle him day in and day out saying Holy Holy Holy. God is the best thing that there is. Jesus is God come down. There was a cross. There was a sacrifice. He gave everything for me. But is it about me? NO

The church exists for God. I exist for God.

This is a lot of mumbling I know. There are so many thoughts in my head!

So convicted. When's the last time we left a Sunday morning service asking God what He thought about the service instead of talking about the music, the transitions and what we would change. So so convicted.

No comments: