Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Why I do what I do

So I am officially tired of hearing election schmolitics mumbo jumbo. So no fear. No politics here.

I was just thinking today how thankful I am for the gift of photography God has given me. I had a minor kink in "MY" plans with it recently but it just helped me remember God is the giver of all good things and in return he can take them away just as quick as He gives them. But He is gracious to us even when we are selfish.

But I was just thinking today about what I do. Photography. It is such a blessing. When I do a shoot, whether it be around the city or with people I really do enter into a state of worship. Now I know that may sounds a bit weird, but I mean in the most real/non-cliche way possible. I really do feel God's hand so much, it is as if He takes the picture. It just puts me in that "awe" mood. You know what I mean, that moment when you just feel the Spirit stirring so deep in side of you that the only thing you want to say is "wow". It's not just with nature either, although that one is an easy "wow" moment for me when I just take in what God has so awesomely made, but it is with people too. I get to see people all the time, and I know that God made them, every last detail about them. When you let that sink in it really will change your heart.

PEOPLE ARE BEAUTIFUL. Every last one of them...and God has allowed me to see that, through a lens a lot of times, but also just in life in general. People amaze me. We are all so different, and praise the Lord for that! But you know what I mean I look at some people and I just think wow I love so much about them but then there are the ones who you secretly think "they absolutely annoys the crap out of me" and God has taught me that it is in those moments, if I just pray (radical idea I know :) ) for them and THANK GOD for them and the good things about them, then benefit that comes from that moment far out weighs anything that could have come out of my selfish, annoyed reaction.

Okay I am veering from the topic at hand but I just wanted to write a post and express my heart about why I do what I do... and summed up... it is for the glory of God. The fame and renown of His name. My prayer every day is that if by chance I begin to use this gift for me that He would take it away. Who knew a lens and a digic processor could create such opportunities to worship the God who is before all, in all, and holds all together.

I am so blessed. My heart is so full of joy lately. God is working something big in me. And I am so excited to be able to come along for the ride. He has just given me such a love for people...and photography...one that I could not, in my flesh, stir up on my own. Oh that God would grant me the grace to carry His name in worthy manner to all these people...whether it be through a lens or not.

No comments: