Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Awed

Well I am not doing so good at this getting to bed early thing and considering that I have to be up in about 6 hours I'm going to make this short. But God has been pressing on my heart so I knew I needed to share. Last night at college group Flavio shared a little about his life and ministry. When he got to the part about how a missionary left the comfort of America to share the gospel with him he got choked up. I was listening to a Piper sermon the other day and he was talking about how when we read that we are called it should create awe in us. And I think that is what Flavio was expressing last night. Awe. Awe not only that an American would leave all of the comforts of this country and travel to a third world country to tell him about Jesus, but more importantly that God opened his eyes to see the light of the glory of the gospel ( 2 Cor 4:6). It convicted me. I have lost my awe. I feel like my salvation has become routine to me and I most certainly do not want that. When we think of the fact that God in all His glory chose to open our eyes.... that should spawn a little more awe than I have been seeing from God's children lately... myself most definitely included. So I guess be challenged. Have you thought..I mean really thought about your salvation lately and the grace that accompanies such an event. I guess I should ask... are your knees dirty? If not... re-evaluate. I did. 

1 comment:

JBL said...

I don't know who Flavio is, but that's cool. I'm glad you were able to be a part of that.