Sunday, March 23, 2008

Heavy hearted yet filled hope. He is risen

So today is Easter.  I'm guessing all of you knew that and didn't need me to enlighten you but I didn't really know how else to introduce my blog for the day. Happy Easter. How about that. Anyways moving on. My heart is heavy. I'm sure a lot of you have heard about the accident on 459 on Friday involving the 4 Birmingham teens. If not click here for more details but just a general recap: 4 teens, convertible, going to Tannehill State Park to ride horses on friday, something (probably a hat) blew out of the car as they were driving down 459 and they pulled over to the right shoulder and preceded to reverse to get it, when they did they fishtailed, lost control and went back onto the interstate where there car was hit and crushed by a Fed-ex twin trailer semi, killing all four instantly. The impact was so forceful that the driver was knocked out of his cowboys boots, which remained in the floorboard of the drivers side. Tragic just doesn't seem to do justice to an event like this. These poor families, one of which lost both their teenage daughters in the crash. Going through Easter without their precious children. But I guess if you are a believer Easter is as good of time as ever to experience such a loss, because it is the day we celebrate the only true hope we have, a Risen Christ. I do wish Easter was called something along the lines of Hope day. Hope. Hope in life, Hope in death even. Christ rose from the dead triumphing over all other powers ( praise you Savior) and giving us a hope for eternal life. No risen King? Death is final, but praise our mighty God that, especially for these 4 families, there is a Risen King, still a man, sitting at the right hand of the Almighty God on heaven, in which we can build our life upon. Yes what they did was stupid, I mean really why in the world would you back up on the interstate? It is beyond me, but all I know is Praise God He doesn't give me what I deserve every time I do something stupid. This whole thing was a good reminder for me that even my very next breath is dependent upon the will of God. I know if those poor kids knew that the hat was about to cost them their lives they would not have even thought about going back. But like I said Praise be to God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ that He does not let us get crushed by the powers of this world every time we try to reverse from His will and go back for what seems important to us.  But he has triumphed, He is risen, He is risen indeed! Remember these 3 families in your prayers this week.  For God is Sovereign and Lord willing, those teens are with their maker tonight. 
Have a blessed week. 
Think. Go. Live. Be

No comments: