Thursday, March 20, 2008

Overwhelmed... or not

So I just got off from work and now I'm sitting here, blogging obviously, and thinking about how much stuff that I have to do.. the worst overwhelming stressed feeling came over me. So like any other person (note the sarcasm) I decided to change my facebook status to read "overwhelmed". Suddenly this conviction from the Spirit swept over me. Now for some strange reason I have begun to find comfort in that, strange I know, you shuoldn't feel good from conviction, but to me, especially these past few weeks it has been a reminder and almost a whisper from God that he cares enough about me to not let me continue in my sinful ways. Now don't get me wrong, still full of sin here, but He is working therefore I am comforted. Anyways back to this conviction. I realized that tomorrow was Good Friday. This is the day when we "celebrate" Jesus' death for us. And I began to think, I must truly not have any clue what the word overwhelmed means. Consider this: this night (giver or take depending on when you think Jesus what crucified) was the night that Jesus was calling out to His Father in the garden. Like a lamb led to the slaughter Jesus asked for the cup to be removed, but ABOVE ALL begged that the Fathers will be done no matter what the cost. Now imagine ( impossible I know) tomorrow you are about to be hung on a cross, stripped, mocked, spit on, and above all torn away from fellowship with the God who you have spent eternity next too, all for a people who are shouting all the while, crucify. Now that is what I consider overwhelmed.  So thanks be to God for the reminder that it is not all about me and my research papers will get done, but most of all thanks be to God for a Savior who came to this earth for the soul purpose of dying for me. I am humbled. 

No comments: