Thursday, May 8, 2008

ribonucleic acids and cell physiology

SO I know the title makes you want to read this blog a lot... but I am taking BY 101... aka human biology as an elective in May term... I know I know... your probably thinking.. biology... an elective are you crazy... but scoence just comes easy to me and there are no papers involved so I am set...turns out it won't be too challenging... just a lot of memorization.. which I can handle.. and by the way referring to the previous post I dropped one of my May term classes.. I"m pretty sure it would have been impossible to take 3 at one time and the thought of a class titled ethic good vs evil doesn't sound too thrilling at a secular university... anyways back to biology. So today I am sitting in class... at 8 am mind you... and I'm just like can we please get this over with... i have a teacher who over explains thing if you know what I mean... but as I was sitting there... mildly sulking over the fact I was learning about cell mitosis...when God showed up.. I love it when He does that.. when I'm least expecting.. and I was in complete awe. As we learned about each cell and its parts and what had to take place in order for potassium to convert with sodium to provide our bodies with something essential (no worries I'll learn what the essential thing is before the test Tuesday) and all the complexities of the 2+million organelles in the cells of our heart I was blown away by how smart God is.. I know that is a basic theological foundation... God is omniscient... but it was so neat to just see some detail of something that we live with every day... our bodies... and how God is so brilliant... my words are not doing the moment justice... but lets just say it was an encounter with my creator... everything that the teacher said it was as if I could hear God saying yep made that... and that... that was fun to create.. I was honestly about 2 second away from getting on my face in that classroom... seriously.. I think every Christian should be required to take this class... and it should most definitly be renamed... come marvel at God. The name Biology is just plain boring... it was a theology class all in itself. So Maymester biology just got a lot cooler... I prefer to call it the study of the coolness of God... pretty much. Don't get me wrong I'm sure I'll still be plenty bored at times. But I am indeed fascinated and have quickly realized how little I know about this awesome God I serve. In desperate need of grace. Goodnight!

No comments: