Friday, April 18, 2008

In Our City For Our City


Tomorrow our church is traveling to downtown Bham to "prayer walk" in the heart of our city. I am so excited.. God is big enough to do big things in this city... and I hope He uses tomorrow to open a lot of peoples eyes (including mine) to the pain and sin that is in our city. The only way things will change is if He shows us how to love like He has loved us and to break our heart for what breaks His. Thats what I am looking forward to about tomorrow... a reminder from God that life is not about me. Billions of galaxies are the works of His fingers..and we live on a tiny blip in one of those galaxies.... life is a vapor... a mist... but these people we will come in contact with tomorrow... there souls will last (live.. whatever the right word here is) for eternity. I need to be burdened by that more than I am...

No comments: