Thursday, April 10, 2008

A moment of honesty

So this past weekend was womens retreat at SMI. I was not very excited about it before I went... i have so much to do for school, I'm moving and Passion is this weekend so I was beginning to feel overwhelmed and was not sure about another one of my weekends being full. But I knew God had a plan even when I couldn't see the benefit of going. I learned so so much. Mostly God revealed a lot... a LOT of things to me that I was unaware of. I learned that I am often viewed as a judgmental person... this absolutely broke my heart. For a long time I had been comparing myself to other people... mostly falling short but occasionally feeling Spiritually superior.. if there was such a thing... and I had not even been aware of it... God showed me that the only person I am compared to is Jesus...and I will always always fall short. Praise God that He loves us enough to not leave us where we are. He is working something big in my heart in relation to this revelation. I am seeking for what it means to really love. I want to be a person who people are not afraid to tell there problems and struggles because they know I will not judge... only love. I clearly have not been that person in a lot of peoples lives. I
have been broken.. stripped... humbled. And I am so thankful. I pray often for God to show me my sins... the ones I am so unaware of... blind too... I tend to forget how painful that can be. God is truly all that I need... my future does not mater.. (I mean it does but tomorrow is not even promised so there is no need for it to consume my thoughts). This world sees Christians as the most judgmental, hypocritical people they know.. I know beg that I will not be a catalyst to this view. I thought I had it all together... Praise God that he showed me that I was just the opposite. God willing I will be a different person and it will be visible. Thank all of you who have been honest with me in what I need to change in my life. Praise God that he loves us despite ourselves. These words have been my cry... let them be an encouragement to you...thanks you Brook Fraiser:

Show me how to love like You have loved me
Break my heart for what breaks Yours
-Hillsong United: Hosanna

No comments: