Thursday, April 3, 2008

Life at a secular, dowtown Birmingham university

So today I have been so amused by people... actually I am deeply saddened but on the surface I can't help but laugh at the absurdity of it all.
Here has been the happening of my day so far... Be amused.
First I am sitting in class and I can barely hear the professor for the booming of the subs from a car outside. ( That should go in the UAB group.. " you know you go to UAB when you can't hear your professor over the subs in the street")
Then I am walking through the Hill center to get a sandwich for lunch and this song is blaring and I couldn't help but listen to the lyrics.. they went something like this, " I'm really really hot... blah blah... tight jeans short shirts short skirts is where it's at" or at least something to that effect. I immediately laughed out loud then realizing I was in a public place and people were giving strange looks. Oh well.. absolutely ridiculous.
Then I pass a guy, who might I add is way on the feminine side of life if you know what I mean, and he is talking on his cell phone and obviously I missed the first part of the convo but I'm guessing the person on the other end of the phone said " So what are you doing later"
and the guy walking by me proceeded to say " Well I have to go get shi--" I literally turned around and gave him the funniest look.. go get sh--... I mean really what is that supposed to mean.
So I get my sandwich and then go to my next class.. I walk in and sit behind a few people who are having a conversation about a presentation or something and one of the guys, who is much older than everyone else, is giving the young girls advice.. his most important part of which is.. if you can't bullsh-- then you will never make it in life.
Then he proceeds to go on and tell them the history of homosexuality traces back to apes... apparently when two male monkey's would start to fight one would always surrender and say "don't kill me lets have sex"

I thought surely someone is playing a joke on me.
Nope.
Just another day at good ole UAB.
My goodness.
I'm sure more interesting quote will follow. More to come...

1 comment:

Ann Marie said...

wow
yes there should be a FB group about this or something...