Monday, August 11, 2008

I think I'll go to Boston

Well I am here. Boston. I love it. Technically I'm in Gloucester which is oh so cute. Two of my best friends in the whole world live here and I am up for a visit before school starts back. I got here Saturday after a very early and bumpy ride from Atl. Saturday afternoon Manda and I went for a bike ride around the HaBah(Harbor) and around Gloucester. It was oh so fun but I definitely almost took out a little girl on my bike.. oops. Then we grilled out for dinner and ate on their porch that over looks this baseball park. The sunset was awesome and I actually had to put sweatpants and a long sleeve tee on bc it was so chilly. Oh how i loved it. Fall is my favorite and we are still melting down in Alabama but up here it's already getting cool. Then Sunday we went to church at their cute little Gloucester community church then went out to lunch at Not Your Average Joe's ( so good). Then Josh headed to work at the bucks and Manda and I went to the cutest little town ever called Rockport... it looks like a movie...we walked around for a bit and went in some shops then it looked like it was going to rain so we headed home and watched the perfect storm (which was filmed in Gloucester so that was pretty cool), watch the Olympics, took a nap, edited some photos and then decided to go see the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2.... loooooooved it! Today we got up early to go to her job (she nannies for a family in Beverly) and it was so rainy and chilly outside I love it! We took the kids (Kennedy and Caleb) to the Children's Museum in Boston. I felt so cultured... all these Boston moms taking their kids for a day of intellectual play and educational adventures...it was fun. Very different than Alabama thats for sure. We've just been hanging out at the house for the rest of the afternoon. I took a nap as the rain pattered on the window and the chilly breeze whistled through the open window. I love New England. I could live here. Amanda is off tomorrow and then Wednesday Scott, Ree and everyone will be arriving in Boston so we will meet them in the city. Then we head for NYC until Saturday. I am excited... I love these places. What a good week.

1 comment:

Jaci Spain said...

Oh I'm so glad you got to go visit before school starts! Sound like ya'll are having a blast...Can't wait to see some pictures of your trip.