Monday, August 25, 2008

tis a pitty she's a...

So since i decided to change my major and all last week (yes I am a sneior i know i know) today was my first real day of classes. Interesting would be a good word. I love my anthro class... i don't think I'll have to go to all of them so skipable classes always rank pretty high up there for me. And then I had creative writing. My name in that class is officially "new face" since I was apparently the only person who was not there the first day of class last week. Well today was an "excursion day" and our mission was to go to the library and walk up and down the isles soaking everything in a waiting for the moment when we felt it.... it being the voice that said "write". I was like oh geez but it ended up not being so bad. I found a book about wind and decided to write a poem entitled where the wind blows... not sure how that will rank considering the girl across from me decided that as she was sitting there contemplating the finer things of life she was distracted by the pittering of the rain and the AC vent and then saw a book titles the choas of absence and decidecd to write about the choas of absence and the distraction of presence. I was like great. I got wind. Then there is a girl in that class who dresses...well... lets just say i think she forgot part of her shirt. and maybe some pants. But the girl that sits next to me is very serious... a little bit older...and she proceeds to tell the class her theme ideas... one was "woman pushes a cart" another was something along the lines of "a bird in the rain" then it came... her final option was " tis a pitty shes a whore". I almost lost it. It is sad really that the other girl dresses so skanky but absolutly hillarious that the dorky quiet girl chose its as her theme. priceless. Well I was stuck with wind. Here is my creation. I hope I don't fail. It is possible:

Where the Wind Blows

From whence is your source
And to where shall you go
You cannot be seen
Oh the power you show
Are you merely a shifting of the already known
Do you have a name
And if so may I know
On your next adventure with you may I go
From whence is your source
And to where shall you go

2 comments:

Amanda Leigh said...

um you changed your major??? WHAT to what?

RDJones said...

From International Studies back to Anthropology. I hates all the poli sci in ITS. boooo on that.I still graduate in may.