Tuesday, September 16, 2008

So this is love

Well creative writing strikes again... and this time in the form of a poem of an historical event from the point of someone that appears defeated or the loser.... here is the result... the best my brain could do at 11pm

So this is love

Without being asked I was chosen for this
To see you betrayed by a friend with a kiss
And I bite my tongue as I look at the smirk
On the face of the guard as he does his work.
The hammer is swung and the nail goes in
As You bear the burden and sting of my sin
On Your perfect shoulders the weight of it all
The sorrow the shame the curse of the fall.
The breath has been taken the guilt has been borne
The veil and the gap I’ve created is torn.
A babe with a face that could bring such a smile
Is the face that I see when I look at my child
As the cross is brought down and the death tomb is sealed
At this point what is a mother to feel?
My Savior was once the child that I held
In a manger with cattle and horses we dwelled.
Now here I must watch as Your Father could not
As You open the way to the God I have sought.
Three days three days I keep telling myself
And this ache in my heart will no longer be felt
As the world will see the truth I have known
And the child I once carried now carries me home.



No comments: