Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Ok I just can't help it...OhhhBama

"I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone— 2for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. 3This is good, and pleases God our Savior"
-I Timothy 2:1-3

So the political talk is pretty much reaching it's max on my patience threshold considering the inauguration yesterday, but I just couldn't resist writing a little something about it.

No I did not vote for Obama, but as I watched the inauguration festivities I could not help but have a strange sense of peace as I watched our new elected president take the oath and officially become our country's president. Most of you officially think I have lost my mind but I can quickly confirm that I have not.

BECAUSE

I am a child of God. The One and Only God. Maker of all I see. Sustainer of all I see. Savior of my pitiful life. He chose Barak Obama as our president. God has not removed His hand from our country...and no...at least to my knowledge...Barak Obama is not the anti-Christ.

God is not surprised by our choice here. We (America) made it and we will have to face the consequences..

point being...

I did not chose Barak Obama as my president. God did. He placed Him in office. Therefore I will respect my new authority...my new president.

As much as I do not agree with so much that he stands for...I will make an honest effort not slander him...to respect his decisions...and to pray for Him, both as my leader and as a person.

So here's to God. Who knows what He is doing...and has a plan and the ability to turn all things in to good.

"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose."
-Romans 8:28




1 comment:

Amanda Leigh said...

Amen - from the southern/Canadian/Hard Hearted New Englander

hehe