Thursday, January 8, 2009

Such an anticipated year

2009. A year that has been this milestone coming for so long. The year I graduate. The year the "real life" happens. Whatever that means. Now that it is here I have more mixed emotions than I thought I would. I would say over 50% is excitement...I am so ready to be done... I am just a little bummed that after four years I will have a pointless degree. Oh well God can use it if he wants. The remaining half of my emotions is divided between anxiety, sadness and regret.
Anxiety about what comes next. Atlanta? Boston? Birmingham?

Sadness about not being in school anymore. I really do like learning. And I am going to miss the environment of college a lot. I'm going to miss the flexible schedule and the variety it brings.

Regret. I have had such an awesome missions field the past 4 years and I have not taken advantage of it at all. Mostly I have just gone to class and and left without talking to anybody...with the occasional exception of course in a small class, but I can probably set my number of spiritual conversations at about 25. maybe 35. in 4 years.... 4 YEARS! I will never have this opportunity again and I feel like I wasted a ton of it.

But praise the Lord He does not keep tallies of our short comings.

So far 2009 has been good. Our college group at SMI went to the Mtns. of North Carolina the 1st- the 4th. We got to ski and just chill. A good start to the year for sure. Classes started yesterday. I am taking 24 hours of class...crazy I know. But so far so good.

It is time for western civ now. I know.. a senior taking western civ. Bummer.

two random thoughts:

The older I get...the more I like chocolate and the less my hair straightens.

Peace yo.

2 comments:

Ann Marie said...

oh Rach...dont dwell on the regrets...i understand completely tho about regretting the time lost.
BUT GOD does promise to take back the years/time the locusts ate or something like that...meaning that He does redeem, even the poor/lazy/bad choices, we make in life! thats what He's about...redemption. redemption 1st for our lost souls, but also redeeming our piddly little lives here on earth that He gives us. i beleive He's done that in my own life, despite my continuous poor choices! And if you are seeking His will that He's revealed in Scripture, then whatever choice you make in life will be according to His will...
ok...sorry for the long comment post! love you!

Ann Marie said...

and i do have to comment on YAY for CHOCOLATE! ;)