Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A look back....way back

So since it's a new year and all... I figured I would take a trip to the past and take a look 10 years ago...

I found it fascinating... here's what I found:

Top songs of 1999

1.Baby One More Time, ... - Britney Spears
2. You Get What You Give - New Radicals
3. Millennium - Robbie Williams
4. Closing Time - Semisonic
5. Sweetest Thing, The - U2 (single mix)
6. My Favorite Mistake - Sheryl Crow
7. Praise You - Fatboy Slim (radio edit)
8. I Think I'm Paranoid - Garbage
9. Never There - Cake
10. Because of You - 98 Degrees
11. Goodbye - Spice Girls (single version)
12. Take Me There - Blackstreet/Mya/Mase/Blinky Blink
13. When a Woman's Fed Up - R. Kelly (clean version)
14. Father of Mine - Everclear
15. What I Got - Sublime (clean version)
16. I'll Never Break Your Heart - Backstreet Boys
17. Hard Knock Life (Ghetto Anthem) - Jay-Z (edit)
18. Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) - Baz Luhrmann (edit)

Top 10 Movies of 1999:

Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999)
The Sixth Sense (1999)
Toy Story 2 (1999)
Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me (1999)
The Matrix (1999)
Tarzan (1999)
Big Daddy (1999/I)
The Mummy (1999)
Runaway Bride (1999)
The Blair Witch Project (1999)

Price of Gas: $1.06
President of the US: Clinton
Super Bowl XXXIII winner: Denver Broncos

Big Happenings:
-Napster Debuts
-Chavez becomes president of Venezuela
-Apple releases the first iBook
-World Population reaches 6 billion
- Exxonmobil merges and forms the largest company in the world
- US turns over Panama Canal to Panama officials

Where was I?
12 years old
SMCS
6th/7th grade
Birmingham, AL
Trying out for volleyball and cheerleading
playing 3rd base on a Homewood rec softball league
Honor bands...honor bands...honor bands.
Best friend: Shannon Calloway


Let's see how far we've come... where were you?

4 comments:

Amanda Leigh said...

16 years old
KVHS
Gr. 10
Doing things I shouldn't have been
Broken and hurting looking for an answer.



2009
25 years old (26 soon yikes)
Gloucester, MA (who whoulda' thunk)
Married to an amazing man who is training to be a PASTOR! (I would of laughed in your face if you told me that)
Full of JOY that is everlasting. Learning to live a life that brings HIM Joy. Answer found.
PTL!

Rachel said...

Fun post, Rachel!!

I was. . . .
- 17 Years old.
- Birmingham, Al.
- Graduating from HS (homeschooling)/ Starting College
- Met Chris in February and knew that I was going to marry him by May (albeit we were still "just friends")
- Playing Guitar in a band and in Church
- Working for one of the same companies that I still work for.

Samantha said...

I was 27 years old with a 9 year old son named John Caleb and a 7 year old daughter named Elisabeth Jayne and had a newborn named Samuel that was born in 1999!
Great Year!!

Ann Marie said...

1999:
Freshman at Jeff State
Working retail at NY&Co
Dating Scottie...knew we were going to get married by then
Still driving 1986 Nissan Pulsar
Living at parents' house
Working in the youth group at SMIC & singing in the choir