Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Hello Morning...and presents from Mia

So I got up at 4:45 this morning. Eww I know. My uncle had to be at the airport at 5 so I was voted the one to take him. Thanks, Mom. I did get excited however when I realized I was going to get to watch the sunrise (one of my favorite things to do in the whole world). That excitment quickly turned to bumnation(yes I made that word up...but it is an awesome word...go with it) when I realized that the sun didn't rise until 6:45. I was not about to sit out in the cold for and hour and a half in the dark. So I went to my grandmothers and took a nap until 7. I took her dog to the vet for her at 7:30 to get groomed...

Two thoughts here:
1) I don't think I will ever own a dog that requires "grooming"
2) My mom warned me that she will have to take a little poop as soon as she gets to the vet so walk her in the grass before you go in.

So Mia and I hop in the car and head on our way to the vet. It was a cold morning so I had the heat on in my car...this makes her wheeze...so I roll down the window for her. As the 25 degree air is pouring in the left window and invading my nice warm car it happened...around around around goes Mia in the passenger seat...all of you dogs owners knows what that means. No MIA NO NO NO MIA. Drop...terd...terd...terd...terd...in the seat...SERIOUSLY MIA? We are all of 2 seconds aways from the vet.

I knew it couldn't stay there in the seat ....that would be a disaster considering how Mia felt the need to dance among the recently dropped terds. So chick-fil-A napkins in the glove box to the rescue. The terdes were now flying one by one of of the window as I tried my best to pick them up with the napkin before she could step on them. Needless to say when we got to the vet she didn't need to poo any more.

Awesome morning. I can't help but laugh. I really do love mornings...once I'm up.

3 comments:

Jaci Spain said...

Oh my gosh, that is the funniest thing ever! You poor thing!

You have such a servant's heart...Awesome trait to have.

Peyton said...

ohhhhh rachel.

good good story. terds. tish.

Rachel said...

Oh that's bad. Isn't it great to have a blog so that the silver lining of any catastrophe is that it will make a great blog?? :)