Monday, December 1, 2008

I am terrible at this study thing...result...a new writing

So for some reason I hate the word poem/poetry. I do not know why. maybe it brings a cliche factor... I don't know. But nevertheless I write. And these "writings" which I guess are technically poems come out. So here is one I wrote the other day...during Bible study... I know I know. Hey it is about a Biblical story. Come on :)

I dont have a title yet.



An intentional rendezvous on bitter soil
A weary traveler meets a weary girl
An ancient stone provides a seat
A patriarch’s well is where they meet

“Give me a drink”, He read her mind
If she only knew what she was looking to find
Is sitting right there, an open door
Reaching out His hand to embrace a whore

Are you better than Jacob? Becomes her defense
This invitation to beauty does not make sense.
Straight to the core aims His demand
Go now, away, fetch your husband

“I don’t have one” becomes her mask
“I know, you have five, I didn’t need to ask”

The truth revealed she could no longer hide
And she turns to the man that sits at her side

What is this living water you speak?
And how did you know I’m so desperately weak?

Child the one that you search for is I
I’ve seen every tear that you have cried
This satisfaction you have sought for so long
Is now found in I who left the throne

And as the ink flows from my pen
I’m reminded of when I used to drown in my sin
My eyes have been open and now I can see
This girl that he met at the well was me.

1 comment:

Sleeper said...

hey thats incredible! I have been attemping the same thing since this summer ... except for i dont mind calling it poetry ... cliche or not. but i love that poem ... you gonna name it?