Monday, December 15, 2008

My Grandmother

Thank you to everyone who has been praying for me and my family these past few days. For those of you who have no clue whats going on and want to know I'll give you the brief summary: My mom called me on Saturday and asked if I would come spend the night with them (she and my grandma) because she needed a break from taking care of my grandmother who has been sick this past week. I said sure thinking I would just help my grandma get to bed and give her her meds ( we thought she had pneumonia). She was schedule to go to the hospital on Sunday as that was when her sister, my Aunt Bobbie and Aunt Mayme could come take her. Well when I got there my grandma had gotten progressively worse. She was now hallucinating very very badly and I couldn't keep her in bed. My mom took some sleeping pills and went to bed so I was on my won around 8. My grandma kept getting up every 15 minutes ( and mind you she can't really walk so every time she gets up you have to as well and walk with her because she falls)So I would get up with her and ask her what she was doing and she would reply " getting all these people out of the house". Every time I would tell her there was no one there and she would get so mad because I couldn't see all the people, dogs, ants and rats she could. So this went on all night. I left there at about 8 on Sunday morning and came home and went to bed. My aunts came and took her to the hospital ER yesterday and she is in ICU right now. HEr breathing is still labored but the mental part is getting worse. They had to tie her down this morning to the bed because she was hurting herself and the nurses trying to fight off imaginary people. So that is all I know right now so keep her in your prayers as the doctors try to figure out what is going on.

I'll keep updating as I know more.

God is good and it's times like these when I see just how good and gracious and loving He is.

+Rach

2 comments:

Sleeper said...

hey, rachel, i just saw the advent conspiracy video, thank you! this is truly my heart's desire, and has expressed it better than i have been able to

Jaci Spain said...

Oh Rachel, I am SO sorry! I will be praying for all of you this week.