Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Tune Tuesday

SO I had to take a study break...so I thought I would post the song for the day.

This is Wedding Dress by Derek Webb. I've had this song on repeat for a few weeks now. The words are just so true. I cannot listen to it without tears in my eyes. What a gracious Lord we serve.


If you could love me as a wife
and for my wedding gift, your life
Should that be all I?d ever need
or is there more I?m looking for

and should I read between the lines
and look for blessings in disguise
To make me handsome, rich, and wise
Is that really what you want

I am a whore I do confess
But I put you on just like a wedding dress
and I run down the aisle
and I run down the aisle
I?m a prodigal with no way home
but I put you on just like a ring of gold
and I run down the aisle to you

So could you love this bastard child
Though I don?t trust you to provide
With one hand in a pot of gold
and with the other in your side

I am so easily satisfied
by the call of lovers so less wild
That I would take a little cash
Over your very flesh and blood

Because money cannot buy
a husband?s jealous eye
When you have knowingly deceived his wife


No comments: