Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Update and Tune Tuesday

Well it has been a crazy week...my grandma is going home today. She is doning much better and the dementia seems to be gone-heart stable so I guess she is better. Never a real diagnosis but oh well. We will see... home may not be best for her considering teh circumstances but God is Sovereign right.

BUT... on a brighter note...

IT IS ALMOST CHRISTMAS!!!

And it is Tuesday and I haven't done a Tune Tuesday in a while and with it being Christmas I thought I'd stay in theme...but it was hard to think of a song considering all Christmas songs are wonderful...but usually overplayed and we've all known them all our lives.

So I thought I'd go back...to 1745...and visit Charles Wesley.
Come Thou Long Expected Jesus isn't the first thing I think of when you say Christmas songs...but it is an old Advent hymn and we sang it this past Sunday in church...then talked about it after that...then Louie talked about it on the Passion podcast so I thought it was worth looking in to.

They lyrics are incredible. Sure it's old school... if you will... but those are often the best. So read the lyrics and get into the Christmas spirit a bit...the real Christmas spirit...the hope of all the earth Thou art!



Come, Thou long expected Jesus
Born to set Thy people free;
From our fears and sins release us,
Let us find our rest in Thee.
Israel’s Strength and Consolation,
Hope of all the earth Thou art;
Dear Desire of every nation,
Joy of every longing heart.

Born Thy people to deliver,
Born a child and yet a King,
Born to reign in us forever,
Now Thy gracious kingdom bring.
By Thine own eternal Spirit
Rule in all our hearts alone;
By Thine all sufficient merit,
Raise us to Thy glorious throne.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Great selection!

Jaci Spain said...

I'm SO glad your grandmother is doing better and going home from the hospital. Hope ya'll have a Merry Christmas...