Friday, December 5, 2008

tis the season

So as Christmas approaches the question comes to mind...what do I get everyone... Now mind you I love to give gifts. LOVE it. One of my favorite things to do in life. So Christmas shopping is one of my favorite activities! But I always sturggle with what to give everyone...and it is usually the same issue that trips me up every time... no one i am close to really needs anything! Now mind you I am not Scrooge and I love to give fun things that we really don't need...like Starbucks giftcards...hint hint....but I mean really... I can't think of s single thing that I really need.

Think hard...got something?

Me neither.

So think year I have re-vamped my thinking when it comes to gifts and the amount of money I spend.

All that to say I am announcing a December special on my website : RachelJonesPhotography.com

100% of the proceeds from any purchases made during the month of December will go toward the maximum impact fund of World Visions Christmas Campaign.

$35 provides $490 worth of clothing for a child in Africa.
$30 provides a wool blanket for a child living in an open air house in frigid weather.
$25 helps provide job training for women who are trying to get their lives back after losing their hubands, families, and often dignity due to sex trafficing
$70 sends an orphan in Zambia to school for a year.
$100 provides a goat and 2 chickens to a family which means eggs and milk for food.
$50 provides $250 worth of food for a family in Africa.

I could go on and on but you get the point.... a little goes a loooooong way.

So check out the site...order some photos and make a difference for a child this Christmas... Oh an watch the video from my previous post to get a little Christmas motivation.

No comments: