Monday, January 28, 2008

Jesus in line with the sinners

At SMIC Pastor Harry is preaching through the book of Mark and the past two Sunday's we have focused on the baptism of Jesus. Yesterday he focused on how one reason that Jesus was baptized was so that he could identify with the people He came to save. I have honestly never thought much about the baptism of Jesus before this but it really is an awesome picture of who our Savior is. He was God yet he chose to submit to the Father's will and get baptized right along with the sinners. I think Luke 3:21 gives a good picture of the baptism. It reads, "Now when all the people were baptized, Jesus was also baptized..."
Jesus stood in line with the sinners, even though He was perfect. He wanted the worst of the worst to know that He came for them. How awesome is that! It truly makes me marvel at my master that he would leave behind never ending praise and fellowship with the Father to come and identify with me. He felt what I feel, yet remained perfect. Tell me how that does not demand complete devotion. For he does not break off the bruised reed (me), nor extinguish a dimly burning wick (me again) (Isaiah 42:3). 
Blessing and Honor Strength and Glory and Power be to God the only Wise King
Be encouraged.
Be blessed.

1 comment:

JBL said...

Agreed. I'm loving where God has you right now. You're an encouragement to me. Thanks.