Friday, January 11, 2008

shades of grey

So a good friend told me tonight that I am very black and white. That was one of the best compliments I think that I have ever received. As I was watching a Passion video tonight I was reminded of one of my pet peeves.... greyness. Okay so I know that greyness is not a word but just go with me on this one. Greyness. You know, not really this or that, hot or cold, or black or white for that matter. Just grey. Like a cloudy grey day. Okay bad analogy because cloudy grey day's are my favorite, sometimes, but you know what I mean. I feel like most people today are grey. They may say they are a Christians but they live very much in the world. They preach giving to the poor then get bent out of shape when their mercedes gets a flat on the way home. They see the homeless on the streets at night so they call a meeting at the country club next tuesday for lunch to talk about it. I share these thoughts with David Jeremiah who brought them to my attention in his book "Signs of Life". And mind you that the root of this in not the material possessions of the individuals but the heart is what I'm looking at here.  Why is it so hard to pick out a Christian these days? According to David Jeremiah we should be able to spot one from across the street. I can't say that someone would be able to do that with me...even though that is one of my greatest desires. To live an authentic Christian life oh what a feat to behold. It makes me mad that out of the same lips come a cry of Hosanna on Sunday and then "Smack dat" ( i'm funny i know) on Monday. I know I am no one to judge motives, for I myself would be a hypocrite if I said that I was never guilty of the same crime, but by the grace of God he is sanctifying me daily and I hope that the shades of grey in my life will continue to fade at a more rapid rate. For like I have said before, I truly am nothing with out my Savior. So yeah just a random thought for the day but it just kinda bugs me these days how people think they can be of God and of the world. Can't be like that yo. Peace homie

and my apologies... this blog is more of a bunch of scattered thoughts that just a solid thought. It's been a long day