Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The reality of Hypocrisy

So I actually learned something in my Psycho-pathology class tonight (usually it is just a class where people like to talk about their personal lives and argue with each other and nothing gets accomplished). What I learned tonight though was not about addictions, depression or anything of the sort, it was that "Christians" today are giving the name of God a bad bad bad rep.  My teacher was talking about why people who are hurting and addicted don't run to church to get help... people started commenting and then general consensus was that in church everyone has to put on the "Christian" face and make everything look like all is fine whether it really is or not. 
That disturbed me. I hope it disturbs you too. I mean what is it we are really doing here.

No comments: