Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Sooooo a blog

Since everyone has decided to blog... so I figured I would give it a try. I'm not sure how good I will be at writing out my thoughts... I guess we will see. Abby Falls was my inspiration, so check out her blog too yo. She is sitting next to me so I thought I would throw that in. 
I'm pretty much excited about 2008 though. 2007 was such a good year for me, God called me to himself.. all of me, even the parts I didn't know that I had yet to surrender, and I walked closer with him this year than ever before. He called me to full time ministry this time last year and the more I walk in that calling the more that I realize that I have no idea where God will use me. I'm excited to see though and very excited to see where God will take me this year. 
Some goals for the year:
1. Live more simple: Simplicity is going to be the headlining theme for my year. I want to be more simple in everything, my thoughts especially.
2. Blog: I want to share more of what God does in my life with others. God is so so so good to me... why not share it.
3. Become more intentional: I am such a firm believer that God places people in our lives for a reason. If  you were to ask me today if I knew my next door neighbors names I couldn't tell you. I want to change that though.  I need to be less self focused and intentional with the people around me.
4. Become more frugal: My grandmother pays for my Insurance, cell phone and gas... yet I can't seem to hold onto a penny for some strange reason... that will change... with a little grace. Who knows what my expenses will be this coming year, I need to save. The root of this really is for me to become more eternally mindset. 
5. Romans: I want to deeply study the book of Romans. I think it is so rich that I want to spend a year just digging into it. 
6. Memorization: The Word of God is more powerful than a dead man risen from the dead. I'm pretty excited about implanting that in my heart. 
and I'm sure there is more that God will lay on my heart as the year goes one. This is it for now though.
More to come

No comments: