Friday, October 3, 2008

long time no hurt

I must say that it has been quite a while since I have had a major injury. I used to get them all the time seeing as how I played some sort of sport or cheered 365 days a year but since being in college and not really playing organized sports everyday I have been void of any sprains, breaks, etc.

Then it happened. yesterday. downtown. Morris Ave. train tracks.

Kristin and I went to shoot some photos and found this awesome train track. So we climbed up the ramp and proceeded to walk down the platform on the track until, to our dismay, we trun to see a train coming... too late to walk back to the ramp...the only way down you ask?

Jump.

Not too far (prob about 10 feet) but nevertheless, when I landed I thought man that was farther than I planned on, and my foot kind of hurts.

No big deal thugh, I thought I had just bruised the bottom of my foot. So kristin and I keep walking around and I start to think wow this really hurts.

Went to Bible Study and after sitting for an hour I realized I could barely walk. Got home, heather got me some ice, I lay on my bed for a bit and did some editing, then decided to go to the bathroom then head to bed. Oh man. To my shock I couldn't walk at all. No weight could be placed on my poor, now very large and slightly purple foot.

Soultion. Revisit the early years...and crawl. yes I crawled to the bathroom and then back to bed. I felt rediculous. But I couldn't really do much else.

Today it is better, but driving was a major challenge. Can't really walk so normal either. But I did not want to go to the doc for him to say oh yep bruised it, take some advil. No way Jose'. If it still hurts Monday then a trip to the doctor may be necessary. until then. You may call me hobble.

Could be way worse.
Small kink in the grand scheme of things.
An adventure if you will.
Oh the things we take for granted.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

As I said on your Facebook status, go to the doctor now. Monday is a long time to be in pain, and a lot of healing could be happening between now and then, but if it is a break, then chances are it isn't going to heal correctly. So what if the doctor just says it's a sprain? Better to know for sure - and get some crutches so you don't have to keep crawling.

Amanda Leigh said...

Lady GOOOOO TOOOO THEEEEE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCCCCCCCTTTTTOOOOORRRRRR

Rachel said...

Wow! What an adventure! I can say with certainty that I have never jumped off of a railroad bridge in order to avoid a speeding train. Nice!