Monday, October 6, 2008

Oh Monday

Unlike most people I really don't hate Mondays. I was thinking about that this morning as I woke up. I like starting a new week. The weekend are fun don't get me wrong... i love a good Saturday with nothing to do, but I think I like the busyness of the work week. Granted I have an awesome job and I am still in school my work weeks have a good range of variety so boredom is rare but each day has a different element to it.
Here is my typical week right now:

Monday: Work till 11; class 12-115; study/read at downtown starbucks till 4; class 4-645; study night
Tuesday: No work in the a.m.; class 11-315; work (aka go buy grocery's for college group then get the cooking started); Bible Study
Wednesday: Staff meeting 930-12; work till 3:00 class 4-645; whatever that night
Thursday: early work morning; class 11-1215; lunch with everyone at UAB at 1230; class 2-315; back to work till 530; then usually hanging out with people or finishing up the weeks homework that night
Friday: no class! errand running/time to read/laundry hour in the a.m. then work 1-5

I just love the week! As much as I don't like school right now I've been convicted about how i need to be more thankful bc after all these are my last 2 semesters of this phase of my life, it adds variety to my life, i always have something to do ( as much as I hate homework) and I'm sure once the full-time work world hits I'll miss being on a college campus everyday.

It really is such a mission field.
For instance today a group of my advanced cultural anthropological theory (yikes i know) classmates were making fun of the "creationist" in dr. wheatly's 102 class... i was like "oh thatd be me"
the conversation didn't really go any farther but nevertheless I am faced daily with situations like this. I hope when I am in the real world I get to have opportunities like this.

I also remembered today how much i love to travel. I hope that works its way into my life as well.

God is so good. Enjoy the beautiful day!

No comments: