Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Rich. Hallelujah!

Today in staff meeting Harry lead us in prayer through Ephesians. Ephesians is the book where Paul emphasizes how rich we are in Christ. A concept I've heard all of my life, but don't really sit and reflect on so much. Last night, Heather and I sat and talked a bit about how it seems like recently it seems like there have been a lot of people trying so hard to not be "stereotypical" and in return they just form their own stereotype. I confessed quickly that I sometimes fall into that and come 6 months ago I probably would have been completely placed in that category. God has been molding my heart and reshaping my view on who I am so much in the past two years. I used to find my identity in what people thought about me. Now I have by no means mastered the art of finding my identity in Christ, I don't think any of us will ever get there, but He is teaching me daily that I am not defined by the world and its scale.

What a treasure chest of riches. I am quickly convicted of how much I do not live like I have been given this amazing treasure. I believe I often have a shallow view of who God is and what He has done for me. I am so rich, and often I spend so much time being discouraged or complacent. Now by no means am I suggesting that we fake it. I hate that. Be real, but realize what you have if you are a child of God. That will change your attitude whether you like it or not. We have all we could ever need and/or want. Through Christ we have boldness to approach the very throne of God.

Experiencing God? I think Paul tells us how to in Ephesians 3:17&18. ..."being rooted and grounded in love,...may be able to comprehend...the breadth, length, height, and depth, and to know the love of Christ...". By loving we know God. Cool thought.

I am a terrible lover. Terrible. I need to spend more time asking God to show me how to love. For according to John, that is how the world knows who we are. I have nothing to bring to the table. I realize that more and more everyday. I am rich though! Hallelujah.

Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us,

to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen.

No comments: