Wednesday, October 22, 2008

NO UTURNS!

So today something happened. One of those things where you ask yourself... did that just happen. I am parking at UAB. I here a loud noise but think nothing of it... they are doing metal welding in the art building... so i drive round for a bit, park and get out of my car. I go to cross the street where I normally do and there it was. No way. My heart sank. A girl had tried to do a U-Turn out of her parking spot and had not seen the approaching motorcycle. He ran smack into the side of her, flipped his bike over and slid under her car. SHe had to get out of her passenger side becasue the bike was up against her driver door. She was bawling never the less and I have never seen a quicker herd of police, ambulances, fire trucks, etc. They quickly pulled him out from inder then car, where i forgot to say his head was resting on the tire, rolled him over, put him on the stretcher, and crove him off... in like 3 minutes. Crazy fast. He was not conscious or moving so I am not sure if he is okay. Poor girl. She was so so so upset.

So that was a crazy moment in my day. Yikes. Praying he is okay.

and a girl just got hit in the head with an acorn. Good grief.

No comments: